The Mad Chef

One man's search for sanity through the creation of tasty vittles

Monday, January 23, 2006

I Didn't Want to Love You. . .

OK, I've added a new cooking show to my list of personal favorites: Ham on the Street. My lovely and talented wife was laughing out loud with me yesterday while we watched the episode about hot dogs, just freaking brilliant stuff going on here. It may not change your life, culinarily speaking, but it will certainly make you think about the food you eat and consider some new possibilities.

After trying to describe the show to my her, I realized that it's almost impossible to do it justice. I'm not even going to try here, you just have to watch it for yourself. Fortunately the Food Network is pimping it pretty hard right now, so they're re-running the two (so far) new episodes all the time. Just check the link for the schedule, you'll be glad you did.

Conveniently enough, they've got the new episodes scheduled for Wednesday nights at 10:30, just after the Professor. I'd make his name a link to his new website, but there's not very much going on there at the moment. Sounds like they've got some pretty cool stuff planned, but it's been "planned" for a while now. Then again, I have no room to mock anyone for slacking on their website/blog. Either way, the link in the sidebar still goes there.

I'm very much looking forward to the new episode this Wednesday, the theme is "Insomniac Cuisine." Since I've had two decent nights' sleep out of the past 8, it speaks to me. I had a little piece planned for today about a nice "culinary heritage" moment I had last week, but it's going to have to wait for me to get some damn rest. The quality of this post should help clarify the reasoning for that. . .maybe tomorrow, I'll resort to warm milk and muscle relaxers if I have to. . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home