The Mad Chef

One man's search for sanity through the creation of tasty vittles

Friday, January 20, 2006

That Worked

Hee, hee, hee. . .chicken good.
Clarified a few tablespoons of butter with a couple of crushed garlic cloves and two fresh bay leaves in the pan, let it simmer until all the solids sunk to the bottom. Then mixed that with fresh ground pepper and the juice of one freakishly large Meyer lemon, and injected that liquid love all throughout the chicken. I may have gotten a little carried away with it, but it was goooooood.
I zested the lemon, then minced the zest together with olive oil and garlic. A little salt and pepper, then rubbed that all over the bird. Good stuff, very good stuff.
This injector has a lot of potential, I believe I may just be cracking the surface here. I also haven't slept in about 5 days, so I'm believing a lot of things right now. Not really sure why, no extra stress or anything. I've just been staring at the ceiling all night long, and pondering food. . .
The pondering did inspire me for dinner last night, I still had the white meat left from the chicken. I cubed it up, and made a cilantro cream sauce with it for some penne. Carmelized a small onion, deglazed with a little wine, then worked in the chicken and cilantro with 6 fiery little Arribibi Gusano chiles from the freezer. Good times, very good times. . .just had it again for lunch, but cream sauces never reheat that well.
Tonight I slack with take-out, though, I've got to sleep eventually. Herbal tea, some warm milk, and perhaps a sharp blow to the head should do the trick quite nicely. . .see you on the other side.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Voodoo said…

    "made a cilantro cream sauce with it for some penne. Carmelized a small onion, deglazed with a little wine, then worked in the chicken and cilantro with 6 fiery little Arribibi Gusano chiles" WOW, glad to see you back at the top of your game! I might have to raost a chicken sometime this week (using a modified beer can method)... Try counting chile pepper varieties (sheep are boring LOL)!
    Reader #3

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger the mad chef said…

    Got some sleep Friday and Sat, then back to the same thing last night. Not working. . .but it does feel good to make some decent food again! And when I count chiles, it just makes me stay up all night planning the garden anyway, so I may have to focus one something work-related. That should put me right out. . .

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best regards, nice info
    » »

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP video editing programs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home